Sew A Swimsuit – Houston
Saturday, July 22, 2017
Instructor – Andrea Davis
Class Times: 10:30AM-2:30PM
Class Price: $125.00
Learn to sew a professionally finished a one-piece or tankini swimsuit with built-in bra support using your home sewing machine or serger.
You will learn-
- How to prep, cut, and mark stretch fabrics.
- How use Specialty machine stitches and seam finishes made for swimwear
- How to handle Lycra and KNIT fabrics.
- Elastic applications and other
- Sewing Techniques that can also be applied to other kinds of knit projects such as activewear or lingerie.
Prerequisite -skills needed to take this class:
- Experience setting up, operating and troubleshooting your own sewing machine
- Experience Sewing straight seams
- Experience sewing curved seams is helpful
- A general understanding of sewing patterns.
- This class is designed for an advanced-beginner to intermediate level sewer.
Kit and Supplies:
The bathing suit pattern is included with the class. You have the choice of a one-piece swimsuit with bra support or a two-piece halter style swimsuit which includes boy shorts or bikini bottoms. Enrolled students will be emailed a detailed list of fabric recommendations, notions, supplies and findings.