Use the tape size rolls of Wet N Gone Tacky for a variety of sewing, quilting, and embellishment needs. It holds fabrics together during stitching and then rinses away! Ideal for hemming, stabilizing decorative stitches in most fabrics, zipper placement, heirloom sewing (lace to lace or lace to fabric), piping or fringe insertion for home dec and much, much more!
This fibrous water-soluble tape features a pressure-sensitive coating for holding hard to hoop items in place while you stitch or embroider! Use the new tape size rolls for turning up hems for flawless stitching, securing decorative trims and edging or use as an ideal foundation for built-in decorative stitches.
- Create free-standing lace and use just one layer for most designs
- Perfect for making appliqués, decorative pins and/or 3-D embroidery
- Rinses clean leaving no messy residue
- Use as a topping for wide satin stitch designs on high pile fabrics for perfect results!
How to Use:
- Hoop one layer of stabilizer within your embroider frame. Try to
achieve “tight as a drum” tension without stretching or distorting
the stabilizer. Then embroider your desired design
- Remove the product from the hoop and trim away as much of the
stabilizer as possible
- Rinse away the Wet N Gone® using lukewarm water. *Tip – If
your desire is to have the lace stiff, simply get the embroidery
wet. Don’t rinse! The stabilizer will be absorbed into the stitching,
then it will dry stiff
Please Note: Not all lace is considered “Free Standing”. If your desire is to have the embroidery stand on its own, please make sure the packaging states the design is “Free Standing Lace Embroidery”. If you have any doubt, include one layer of nylon organza in the embroidery frame with the Wet N Gone.